Myrtle Beach is a thriving community packed with exciting attractions and activities. After booking your Myrtle Beach getaway with us at Together Resorts, build an itinerary that the entire family will love! We want to share our five top picks for the best things to do in Myrtle Beach with kids so that you can have the most fun with your loved ones imaginable.
Our Top Picks
- Hollywood Wax Museum – Have you always dreamed of meeting your favorite celebrity? Now you can have the chance to see them face-to-face — well, sort of. Discover the wax celebrity look-alikes at the Hollywood Wax Museum! Snap pictures with all of your favorite celebs’ uncanny replicas, and have a blast exploring the museum.
- Myrtle Beach SkyWheel – Enjoy a bird’s eye view out over the beautiful city of Myrtle Beach at the top of the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel. Perfect for all ages and abilities, this gigantic Ferris wheel consists of 42 glass-enclosed gondolas that will take you to the top of the city for stunning views. Located on Ocean Boulevard, there are other fantastic shops and eateries to discover before and after your ride on the wheel.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Myrtle Beach – Being near the ocean can spark a bit of curiosity about what lies beneath the waves. Discover some of the most interesting ocean residents with a fun-filled visit to Ripley’s Aquarium of Myrtle Beach. As one of our favorite things to do in Myrtle Beach with kids, this attraction hosts an array of educational adventures and close encounters with some of your favorite ocean-dwelling critters.
- Myrtle Beach State Park – If you can’t get enough of nature and love to explore new areas, a trip to Myrtle Beach State Park is ideal for you. A full mile of undeveloped beach offers all sorts of fantastic activities while picnic shelters provide an excellent place for an afternoon lunch. Dig your toes into the sand and watch the waves roll to shore, or take a stroll down the nature trail and soak up the warm Myrtle Beach sun.
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade – One of the best places to find a wide variety of things to do in Myrtle Beach with kids (and without) is at the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade. Discover 1.2 miles of unique shops, delicious eateries, beautiful views, and so much more! Spend a few hours or the entire day on the boardwalk, and experience all of the available activities and attractions.
The Ideal Family Getaway
When you choose to stay with us at Together Resorts for your next family vacation, there is no shortage of exciting things to do in Myrtle Beach with kids. From delicious dining to exciting activities that the whole family will love, Myrtle Beach has something that everyone can enjoy! This year, book your family vacation to Myrtle Beach and be sure to add these top five Myrtle Beach attractions to your list of must-sees. What are you waiting for?
When looking for a lively area with beautiful beach areas for the best summer getaways, Myrtle Beach is the ideal destination. Though planning a trip to Myrtle Beach can be a bit stressful, Together Resorts has a few helpful tips to make your summer vacation a breeze. Summertime on the beach is full of suntan lines and good times, so grab your flip flops and favorite pair of shade and get ready for the adventure of the year.
How to Budget for Your Vacation
We all know that vacations can get a little expensive, but when you stay at Together Resorts, there are a few tips and tricks to saving money so you can have guilt-free fun. One of the biggest money saving tips for your Myrtle Beach vacations is to take advantage of the two fantastic State Parks that we have. Not only are they free, but it is a great way to get outside and experience the beautiful natural areas and beaches with fewer crowds. Another fantastic way to save big is by checking out local fresh produce markets. Eating out every day can add up in a hurry, so choose one of our accommodations that are equipped with a kitchen to create fresh meals and snack on local foods throughout the day. By saving money on food, you will have more cash for other interesting experiences and attractions.
Helpful Hints for the Best Trip
When planning a trip to Myrtle Beach, there are always a few things that you want to make sure you don’t forget at home. Sunscreen and cheap sunglasses are a must! Most days are bright and sunny, so don’t let a sunburn ruin your getaway, and cheap sunglasses are always a good idea because it can be easy to lose them when you are out and about. If you misplace a cheap pair of sunglasses, you can easily pick up a new pair without mourning the loss of your favorite shades.
Anyone that embarks on Myrtle Beach vacations should pick at least one day to get up early and experience the sunrise over the ocean waves. Whether you have a front row seat at your Together Resorts accommodations or want to take a walk down to the beach, the early morning is worth it as you watch the sky morph to a painting of illuminated pinks and purples.
It can be easy to overload your itinerary when you visit a place with so many exciting attractions like Myrtle Beach. One of the best ways to enjoy every moment is simply taking your time. Do some research to find one or two larger Myrtle Beach events or attractions each day. This will allow you a bit of time throughout the day to check out interesting things as you go without feeling like you need to rush through each stop.
Relax. You’re at the Beach!
The most important part of planning your Myrtle Beach vacations is to remember it’s a vacation! Relax! This is your time to get away and use your time for the things that you want to do. If you want to lounge on the beach all day with a drink in your hand, you can! When you stay with us at Together Resorts, you can create your own itinerary and enjoy every minute you are here. Are you ready to begin planning one of the best summer getaways you have ever had with us at Together Resorts?
Once a year, people from all over get a little green in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. Whether you are Irish or not, kick up your heels and feel a bit o’luck in Myrtle Beach for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival. From green beers to floats adorned from head to toe in shamrocks, Together Resorts invites you to join in the St. Patrick’s Day Myrtle Beach festivities for a getaway you will never forget!
Join in the Folly!
Myrtle Beach is known for good times and spectacular events, so it is only natural that you should end up here on St. Patty’s Day. Make your way downtown to Main Street for an array of fun activities, entertainment, and the St. Patrick’s Day parade. Put on your best green outfit and join in 30,000 people enjoying the luck o’ the Irish all day long. With over 150 vendors full of delicious treats, unique crafts, and various other finds, you can get your shopping fix while discovering new and exciting things.
Along with vendors, three different stages are hosting an array of live music and entertainment to enjoy, as well as amusement rides for the youngsters and young at heart. If rides don’t tickle your fancy, but you have a likeness to a real leprechaun, take part in the annual Leprechaun Contest and put your costume to the test! For those that have an endless appetite and a hankering for Shepherd’s Pie, sign up for the Shepard’s Pie Eating Contest to face off with some of the hungriest folks in Myrtle Beach.
Getting to and From The Festivities
Many of our accommodations are conveniently located nearby the downtown area, but if you are driving, parking is free. You can find listings of the best parking places for easy access on the event’s website as well as the best public transportation for easy travels to and from our Myrtle Beach family resorts.
A St. Patrick’s Day to Remember
When you stay with us at Together Resorts for the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival, it doesn’t matter if you are Irish or not, there is enough luck to go around. So, throw on some green and join us for an unforgettable St. Patty’s Day celebration. Welcome spring and celebrate the Irish in Myrtle Beach this year!